Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Miami-bound

In 24 hours, Keally P, Jenny B, and I will proudly declare via our FB statuses that we're spring breaking in Miami. Isn't that why folks travel, to tell everyone at home on Facebook where they are?

I thought I would make this vacation an analog one and leave my netbook at home; but, digital heads prevailed and I will be connected.


I will be taking a break from the blog, though. Fortunately for you, dear readers, I will not leave p&p unattended. I've entrusted the care of my blog with a  few of my lovely lady-friends, some of them other bloggers, some of them readers. I'm really looking forward to what they have to say!

Before I sign off until Sunday, I must let you know:

I've locked up the 'Boro and made sure not to leave anything plugged in.
I've reviewed my Things to Pack list about 14 times, cut out the unnecessaries, and added more unnecessary.
I weighed my suitcase, it has made the 40lb carry-on cut, just barely.
I've made it a part of my vacation plans to keep an eye out for a lost octopus named Pulpo.

Who is Pulpo? He's a three foot tall papier mache octopus that went missing from a Miami library a few years ago. His creator, Divitto Kelly, describes him as ,"...blue, cheery, big smile, devilish looking eyes." Personally, I don't think Pulpo looks cheery at all, I think he looks a bit maniacal. For this reason alone, the giant of the sea should remain unfound, but Divitto's anguish over his lost papier mache pal caused the artist to launch an internet-based ABP to find him:
Missing: Maniac

The least I could do is keep my eyes peeled for Pulpo. Hopefully, he's all eight-tentacled-hugs behind those devilish looking eyes.


See you Sunday, readers!

Stay tuned for guest bloggers...
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment