Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursdate Special Guest: Ryane G: Queen of the Dance


Tonight's Thursdate was extra special because it included a guest appearance from the lovely Ryane G of A Lukewarm Account of Happenings. Keally and I promised to go dancing with Ryane G. on one of our previous Thursdates. We held true to our word, had a blast with Ryane, and learned a thing or two at Group Groove.

Things I Learned at Group Groove:

1) I am 100% Caucasian. Regardless of what you may think when you walk behind me, I am a certifiable white girl with zero rhythm. I think the instructor threw in the running man and the shuffle ball heel change to pity me.

2) Ryane G is the Queen of the Dance. I was lucky she was in front of me in class or else I would probably have asked if I could work the music like I did in 12th grade gym when I made the mistake of taking the Hip Hop Dance elective. This lady's got moves, she made grooving with a group look easy as cheese. I can only imagine what she's capable of on roller skates...

3) There is no whooping in Group Groove. Lots of running in place, soldier boy arms, hammer time, and other ridiculousness; however, no whooping. I was pleased with this.

After we said our goodbyes to the Queen of the Dance and agreed to reconvene for more grooving in two weeks, Keally and I concluded our Thursdate with a Miami Slam Jam Planning Session  at Barnes&Noble. It was slam jam because we had 30 minutes to do it. Slam jam!

What We Ate/Drank:
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies : Not too shabby
Lauren: Skinny Vanilla Iced Latte
Keally: Skinny Caramel Machiatto

We then realized that it was 9:45 pm and our iced coffees were caffeinated. Mine was already half gone but Keally saved hers for tomorrow. Hence, why I am awake and posting with a smile.

 Keally and I thoroughly enjoyed GG and plan to test our new moves in Miami next week. Ryane G and I have already decided that we are choreographing a GG dance epic to perform at Brother Brian's hitchin' in Missouri this summer.  What do you think about adding some line dancing to our number, Ryane G?


Thursdates are extra special with special guests,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment