Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Guest Post from Tricia Gail

Hello lovely readers of Pepper&Poppy! I have to say, I was extremely honored with Lauren asked me to guest post, and on "Weird Clip Art Wednesday" of all days. So, here it is...
When given the (very stressful!) task of finding unique clip art for this post, I decided to search themed pictures in honor of the host. Searches of "Florida" just gave me pictures of weird old men I didn't know and a bunch of plants, so I tried "Vacation," and this is what came up. A few things stood out to me about this picture...
  1. The fact that cats seem to be wearing some type of period historical dress that I knew Lauren would appreciate.
  2. The fact that it's not just "Catland School," but "The Catland School," as if there are some second-rate catland schools out there that are just not as prestigious as this one.
  3. The fact that the gardens and grass are so overgrown, proving once again that the opposable thumb is a very important feature. Then again, they could be going for that Secret Garden look, and in that case, bravo Catland cats, you've done a lovely job.
  4. And lastly, perhaps I was channeling Lauren's "Hagood and Blowfish" band member when I saw this picture, but I couldn't help but think, "How come the black cat doesn't get a jumprope?"
Hopefully I have fulfilled your "Weird Clip Art Wednesday" fix and lived up to blogging expectations (if not, just pretend I did because we all know I don't handle criticism well). Now, I'm off to clean my house that was ravaged by the boy and his drunken college roommates. Oh the joys of domestic life!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Tricia! I loved your thorough analysis of the Weird Clip Art. I concur with your comments. I believe Lauren will be proud!

    ReplyDelete