Friday, April 22, 2011

Guest Post by Steph B.

After drafting my rough version of this on my trusty yellow legal size pad, I feel the need to preface my guest post with a disclaimer- I am not technologically savvy so this post will not contain any fancy shmancy clip art, artistic photographs of my boutique treasure finds or any special fonts. I’m lucky I got signed into this thing in the first place. It is in my genetic disposition to be a little slow with technology. (Brock still does not trust banks and prefers to keep envelopes of 100s in his safe instead; who needs an ATM with that method?). Anyways, I have decided to post a recipe as I am really only good at two things- identifying the name, year and artist of any Hallmark ornament ever made and baking. Let’s face it readers, we all want a deliciously dirty recipe that does not contain sushi, tea or vegetables and since we all know that this goes against Lauren’s religion, I will defy her healthy ways today and post one of the goodies that I made.  The recipe is from Pillsbury’s website:
There, I posted a link- can’t say I did not incorporate tech. If only I could come up with a cross curricular connection, this post would be complete. Anyway, I find the doughboy to be a constant companion in my kitchen. His recipes are not hard and are easy to handle (that’s what she said)!
So, these bars came out quite tasty if I say so myself. I prefer to crush my own graham crackers so that does take a little extra time, but it is worth it. It is sometimes hard for me to appreciate my own treats as I have a dirty little habit of calculating the cost of the recipes. This one was quite expensive by the time you buy the toffee bits, dough, milk, graham crackers and chips. I prefer milk chocolate chips so I substituted them instead and I had no complaints… 
Photobucket
So since Lauren is away, try this recipe but please do not substitute the chocolate with carob or the cookie dough with tofu! 
PS- You too could own one of these stylish cake stands- I heard that Lauren can help you out with that...

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! Love it Steph B,Keally P and I tried our mightiest to get dessert tonight and noone would serve us! These look better than anything Miami was offering, anyway! <3 L

    ReplyDelete