Saturday, April 23, 2011

Guest post by Nicole a.k.a. Miss Mix-a-Lot

Salutations readers!  I had to deviate from my focus on weddings which was quite difficult but I managed :).  So I have been thinking about this and felt pressured the entire week to meet the high standards that are met by pepperandpoppy on a daily basis.  I hope I make you proud, Lauren.  My focus for today... The many uses for pillaged script from 1001 Free Fonts.

I will be elucidating on the many ways I have used the stolen calligraphy from 1001 Free Fonts since I had been introduced to the site by Vanilla-Spilla.

1.   Using fonts for letters that would not be available in Word.  I find myself limited when it comes to fonts from Word.  They seem drab, mundane and overused.  This is when I take a trip onto the magical site which is 1001 Free Fonts and take my pick.
2.   Beautiful headings and covers to lessons, worksheets and wedding binders (also incorporating ClipArt!)
3.  Table number templates (http://theprincessandthet.blogspot.com/2011/04/table-numbers.html).  I will be using the numbers to trace onto cross sections of trees then Dremel them out to create a whimsical yet natural looking table number.
4.  Creative labels for organization.  You can make labels for plastic containers and adhere them to the outside so you can know what the contents are.
5.  Whimsical "to and from" labels for holiday gifts.  Holly and I made cute "top and from" labels for kids Christmas gifts.  We used a font that looked "elf-y."  We printed them out and had a wonderful time coloring them in.
6.  Adding a little flair to a majestic dog's collar.  No caption needed. :)

These are just a few of the uses I have found for the fonts but there are many more that I have yet to discover.  You bet your bottom dollar that I will be using these fonts for a lot of details in my upcoming nuptials!

No comments:

Post a Comment