Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weird Clipart Wednesday

I have a very strange infatuation with weird clipart. I'm also very adamant about creating my own handouts for my classes and not copying materials out of textbooks or other resource materials. I'm pretty sure this stubbornness is an excuse to provide myself with the opportunity to use weird clip art in my handouts. In spirit of those blogs I know and love who reserve a day of the week for a thematic post, like a Things I Love Tuesday or What Did I Eat for Dinner Thursday (I haven't seen this yet; but, I bet it's out there in blogland, somewhere), I've decided to start Weird Clipart Wednesday. Enjoy:

Oh, before you check out WCAW, there are three things you should know:

I don't design or title these images. These beauties come with the hysterical nomenclatures you see featured alongside them.

A majority of these images, if not all, will come from my favorite website of all time, Clipart ETC. I think this site will become one of your favorites, too. 

The captions below the WCA are my own.  If you love the clipart, click on the link in the caption to find the image in a variety of sizes for your own use. But only if you love it.

{Weird Clip Art Wednesday 1}
Weird Clipart c/o Clipart ETC

There are a few reasons why Woman Walking Cat made the cut for WCAW.

Reason number one is because I would very much like to come across this carefree lady taking her feline for a stroll in the image's original publication. What piece of literature, fiction or non, could have prompted the author or illustrator to say, "This needs a visual aid, but what could we use? Got it, Woman Walking Cat."

Reason number two: I am guilty of alerting my entire neighborhood to the fact that I was on my way to crazy cat lady-hood. Growing up, I really wanted a dog; unfortunately, we only had a very antisocial cat. Because I had no dog to walk, I walked the cat around the neighborhood on a leash. I'm pretty sure my mother encouraged this. "Why do we need a dog? Take Muffy for a walk, trust me, it's the same thing."

Fortunately, I grew out of this crazy cat lady phase, owned a few dogs, and never looked back to the feline persuasion ever since. Except for Steph B's cat, Zeke, we're friends. I'd walk him on a leash any day of the week, but only if he wore his formal attire, and our walk consisted of him driving me around in a classic car.


 Happy WCAW,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment