Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Number Crunch


Readers! I've missed you! It's been way too long. I don't particularly enjoy when bloggers apologize for their absences; however, it has been almost a week since my last post. I am not going to let Weird Clip Art Wednesday sneak up on me without a post prior to. 

Ever the lover of math, I calculated what I've been up to since we last chat. Although, chatting would involve a reciprocal conversation, and this little blog gets very few comments. Yes readers, I've called you out. Here's the arithmetic!
Teaching: 270 minutes x 3 = 810 minutes. Seriously. At least 500 of these minutes could have been spent in blogland, various thrift stores or curbside picking. At least.

Tutoring: 60 minutes x 7 children = 420 minutes. 120 of these minutes were spent with a child who spontaneously breaks into song during our lessons. Today, I learned he can recite the poem Old Ironsides. Of course, he shouts where there are exclamation points, in the library, quite the little harpie of the shore.

Sweating: 60-45 minutes x 6 days = 360-275 minutes. With the upcoming trip to Florida, this number should be much more significant.

Volleyball: 90 minutes x 2 = 180 minutes. And, I have a third game tomorrow. For me, this is heaven.

Being an Art Slave: Is there a mathematical sign for infinity? I don't know how many minutes I've logged doing this; but, I love it. The computer and I have been working together to design quite a few projects for B&K's wedding in July, among other things I've been up to on the creative front. All this work is making me seriously consider taking some classes over the summer for graphic design. Think of all the weird clip art I could put to use...Lady Walking Cat, we haven't seen the end of you. On a side note, I believe my future sissy-in-law's got my number. In a recent e-mail conversation where she asked for my help with some projects, the subject line read "To my incredibly artistic and creative future sissy in law." Call me artistic and you'll have me jumping through hoops of fire for you, even if you're not my future sissy in law whom I very much adore.

Are these equations acceptable, dear readers? I know, I've missed you, too. Tomorrow, we shall reconvene with my new favorite day of the week, WCAW. 


Minutes I've spent missing you, 7200. Do the math,
-L




No comments:

Post a Comment