Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rawapple: Day 3

Behold, the whole wheat waffle, peanut butter, and golden delicious apple breakfast combo. Behold, also, kitchen hen.

I've got five apples left, dear readers. Lady J from Delirious Kitchen gave me a pretty spectacular idea regarding the fate of the five final fruits. Stay tuned.

-L

P.S. I don't have a picture, but I did chop up a Stayman Winesap apple an combined it with some golden raisins and chopped almonds to top off a big bowl of oatmeal for Rawapple: Day 2. I never actually ate this because I "wasn't in the mood" (Maslowski 1). Instead, I pawned said oatmeal concoction off on my co-teacher, Moira.
Much to our nonsurprise, when the kids in our class saw this oatmeal, they made horrible faces and noises we were unaware things other than farm animals could make. (Sometimes lunch takes a backseat to the insanity that is teaching high school English and you have to squeeze in lunch wherever you can.)
When I asked one of the kids about his oatmeal outburst, he replied, "That's oatmeal?! I didn't know that was oatmeal. I thought you were eating porridge or glue or something." 1) Besides problem bears, does anyone actually eat porridge? 2) Glue. In a bowl. I was unaware adhesive was prepared this way, you learn something new every day, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment