Monday, October 10, 2011

Rawapple: Day 1

This Sunday, I looked into a career change. The ladies, Dan, and I took over Terhune Orchards as farmhands for a day straight out of the pages of my literary boyfriend John Steinbeck's novel, Of Mice and Men. (Forgive me, Stef M, bloggermobile doesn't allow for italicizing titles. Yes, I consulted your bookmark for this post. John, call me.)

While no barley bucking or euchre occurred, there was almost a bunkhouse brawl between Jenny B and Dan and we tried our darnedest to avoid "tarts", except for Keally, she can't help herself.

I'd like to devote a longer post to our apple picking adventures, complete with photography; however, my REM cycle objects at this point in time. To tide you over, I've decided to keep you current, dear readers, with what I've been doing with the twelve assorted apples I picked during my Migrant Worker For A Day experience.

Day 1: Stayman Winesap apple, Wheat Thins, and peanut butter
While this picture may look like a twisted solution to the game of Clue: "Kitchen Swan, with the offset spatula, apple, crackers, and peanut butter in the way-too-small kitchen!"...it's just my lunch.

Stay tuned for Day Two,
-L

PS:
Please don't stop reading my blog because this post proves what a humongous nerd I am.
PPS:
John Steinbeck still hasn't returned my calls, texts, or tweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment