Friday, April 8, 2011

Not Meant Teux Be

We tried. We really did. Steph B and I had big plans to bring Iron Horse Teux back to the 'Boro today. Everything was falling into place, my boutique compatriot and I arranged to switch cars so I could take my previously owned treasure home. Steph B cleaned out the backseat of her car and removed the headrests so Iron Horse Teux could ride home from the boutique in comfort. I cleaned out the backseat of my car so Steph B could drive it without embarrassment. Keally even met us at RW&B to share in the fun that would have been the purchase of Iron Horse Teux.

Unfortunately, I'm an idiot or need to get my vision checked. When I first inspected this bicycle, I read the tag as 29 dollars. Upon second inspection, the two was really a seven. $80 for a used bike? Not happening, no way. Do you know how many unsweetened iced teas from d&d or gluten-free peanut butter and jelly Larabars 80 dollars can buy? Needless to say, the bicycle remained at the boutique, underneath the luggage rack to collect more dust. Keally suggested I buy one of the 19 razor scooters alongside the bike as a consolation. I disagreed, not only would owning a razor scooter make me feel worse, but they too were incredibly overpriced. Although I was considerably bummed, I haven't given up on my dreams of second-hand cycledom, just yet. Iron Horse Teux is out there somewhere; and hopefully, she will come with a gift of complimentary pyrex.

Readers, do you know something I don't? Was this outrageous price for a second-hand bicycle reasonable? Any information, consolation, compliments, or free bicycles you can provide would be much appreciated.

Also, don't think I forgot about Weird Clip Art Wednesday.




The Saga of the Iron Horse: Teux Be Continued,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment