Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quikblog: bleachers and wwk

"Associate with people who are likely to improve you."
— Seneca

Today, I conquered two fears.

Fear number 1: Bleachers
Sitting on bleachers is scary. Walking on or underneath them can be pretty bad, too. Running up and down bleachers is terrifying. Until today, that is. Steph B, the ultimate workout partner that she is, helped me overcome my fear of running up and down bleachers. Steph never shies away from any route or distance when we run. When I told her that I'd always wanted to try running bleachers but I was kind of freaked out by the idea, her response was simply, "I'll do them with you. It's no big deal." She led the way and I really enjoyed it.

Fear number 2: Shopping after sundown at the sketchy Shop Rite near the 'boro
No, this Shop Rite isn't populated by vampires; but, it might as well be. The first time I went to this grocery store, Betty accompanied me. We were stocking the 'boro fridge for the very first time. I kid you not, as we parked the car, Betty turns to me and says, "Don't go to this store by yourself and especially don't go here at night." That was it, zero explanation. My mother also believes that 24 hour gyms are "a mugger's paradise". Anyway, her warning stuck and I rarely went shopping there unless accompanied by broad daylight or a pack of German shepherds. This evening, I had neither aforementioned means of protection and my fridge was without soy milk due to the recent special k with red berries binge I've been on. A visit to the sketchy shop rite was a necessity and much to my delight, not sketchy at all. A sixteen year old cashier even made small talk with me about the seltzer I purchased. Yes, I know I went in for soy milk but a deal is a deal, readers.

Along with my other impulse buys, I spotted the item pictured below. I didn't buy these snacks, unfortunately. I guess I'll just have to make a repeat trip.

Have a wonderful Wednesday,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment