Monday, May 23, 2011

Love me, know me, show me : Hearts out to Joplin.

On May 22nd, 2011, a deadly tornado devastated more than two-thirds of Joplin, Missouri. The unexpected disaster is being described as "the deadliest single tornado in U.S. history", "a war zone" and "insurmountable". 

Over the last few years, my family and I have been blessed to gain the friendship of my brother Brian's fiancee Kacie and her family. Sissy-to-be is one of the many Joplin-transplants across the country watching the effects of the devastation and destruction of Sunday's tornado from a far-off television or computer screen. I can't imagine what it must be like to be so far from your loved ones during a time like this.
A friend of Kacie's created a website called PrayForJoplin.com.

For $16.00 you can purchase the PrayForJoplin tee. All profits directly support those suffering in the wake of this terrible tragedy. Shipping is quick and free.


Shortly after the tornado swept through Joplin, someone recorded a double rainbow in Springfield, MO, less than 75 miles away. Call this what you will, science or coincidence, but my vote goes with the Big Guy:

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.”



Kacie, Erin, Lance, Cindy, Tim, and the city of Joplin, our hearts go out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment