Thursday, May 19, 2011

*alwrong



Tonight, I spent a significant amount of time that I can never get back grading Catcher in the Rye essays. Regardless of their numerous gripes about Mr. Caulfield, I think the little buggers liked the book. I'm not done with the papers, yet; but my favorite line of the ones I already graded is: "Carl Luce's advice was aight*. He probably shouldntve screamed at Holden, but whatever gets u straight."
Two reasons why this line owns the leaderboard right now:
1) Carl Luce never screams at Holden in the book.
2) Note the asterisk next to "aight". At the bottom of this future Mark Twain's paper, he wrote:
*aight =alright :-)
Sorry, kiddo, that one is alwrong:-(

Oh, one of my favorites dropped two classic lines yesterday during our two hour block, which Tricia Gail got to witness. First he told me I "broke the class' spirit" because I don't let anyone talk or "chill or nothin'". Then he said that he imagines Tricia Gail is like a pit bull when she's angry, "once you let her off the leash, she crazy!"

I have heard from a reliable source in print that TG was a terror as a child and other children were afraid of her. Her mom's gang is apparently after me, too. Can you request to join the gang that's pursuing you? Hey, whatever gets you straight.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment