Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Make it Strappy

I should be doing work; however, every time I go on the computer at school my mouse wanders to the land of etsy. After I've found something on etsy that I adore, I then have to stop myself from buying it by going over to the land of DIY blogs.
I saw this camera strap cover in the etsy shop, The Sweet Strap. Creator, Liz Stillman, makes really adorable camera straps and covers. If I wasn't so strapped for cash (puns!), I would definitely buy the Red Poppy Field one pictured above.What my new canon's camera strap lacks in style, it certainly makes up for in safety and durability. In other words, safe and sturdy strap, very plain and boring. 

To solve my problem, I headed over to tipnut.com and searched "camera straps". Tipnut gave me sixteen different tutorials for making my own camera strap cover! So exciting! Thanks tipnut, the name of your site silly, but you are ever so useful.  I think the camera strap slipcover may be a project for next weekend.

If you want to make your own camera strap slipcover or a plethora of other crafty DIY projects, check out Tipnut: The Online Guide to the Crafty and Clever.

One hour into my prep later...
L

No comments:

Post a Comment