Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bless this Mess and Crafternoons

The sign says it all. Today on my adventures in blogland, I read the post Noted: Famous Workspaces, on the Etsy Blog.

It was sort of the perfect article because I've been thinking about redoing my "home office" in the 'boro. Jokes aside, very little office related functions go on in this space. The room serves mostly as a catch all for clutter and other things I'd like out of sight out of mind, like laundry and the vacuum.

If you don't already know, though most of you do because I only have two readers, I'm not head over heels in love with my 'boro apartment. It's a great place: clean, quiet, two bathrooms, all the fixin's for a great place to live. It's the 'boro itself that's borin'. The area is mostly families and residential developments. There's no downtown, nothing is walkable or bikable lazy (I'm bikable lazy). Needless to say , I'm shopping around for a place that's less suburban.

Back to Famous Workspaces! This post was very cool because it featured photgraphs of famous artists and writers like Mark Twain, Woody Allen, Roald Dahl, and Jane Austen. Currently, I would say the 'boro home office most closely resembles Tina Fey's workspace, baby excluded. Although, there are times I feel like hiding under my desk.

My future vision for the home office is a studio of sorts. I'd like a place to keep my growing collection of supplies and craft away my afternoons.

Speaking of Crafternoons, how cool is this?

Let's attend one or plan our own soon, dear readers :-)
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment