Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursdates with Iron Horse Teux

Iron Horse Teux, meet p&p.
p&p, meet Iron Horse Teux.
Consider yourself fast friends.

It's official, a lovely, in-working-order Iron Horse Teux has pedaled her way into my life. With the company of all-things-mechanical-that-I-don't-quite-understand-extraordinaire, Klark H., into Ewing we went to check out Boys & Girls Club Bike Exchange. It was hard to say no to the Schwinn Varsity, and a little harder to turn down the Caliente; but Iron Horse Teux in the form of a Green Briar Free Spirit stole my heart. That's right, I didn't stutter, Iron Horse Teux already came with a name that I didn't need to think of and it's the Free Spirit. I did a little research online and discovered that the store I am most likely to fall asleep in while the GOAT drags me along to get the lawnmower fixed, Sears, is responsible for the Free Spirit. Enough verbal love on Iron Horse Teux, check her out.



You probably want to know what Free Spirit and I ate and did on our Thursdate:

What we ate: TWIST Eurotart and Mango swirl frozen yogurt with a plethora of toppings I am embarrassed to put into type.  Let's just say peanut butter in various forms made a number of appearances on my frozen yogurt.

What we did: Rode around the 'boro's parking lot and got sad because it was already dark and we couldn't ride longer. To which I told Iron Horse Teux to stop crying because she's from Sears and she'll rust.

I hope that the friendship Iron Horse Teux and I forge in the future is close if not equivalent to the one Ryane G. has constructed with her Popple. I imagine we, too, will go rock climbing and belt out Lady Gaga on our adventures.

Is it 2:25 on Friday yet?  I'm ready to ride.
-L

P.S.
Look at this cute racer tank from my new favorite etsy shop, dressing on the side. Suns out, guns out.



No comments:

Post a Comment